How to Nominate
Visit The Scottish Sports Awards 2023 nominations page to nominate your sporting hero.
Criteria for Selection
Inductees of the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame must be:
- A person born in Scotland or a person who (under the rules of their sport governing body) is, or would have been, eligible to compete for Scotland.
- A person who has been retired from top-level participation for two years or more.
- Inductees must have retired from their main sport at the top level but may still be competing at a different level (e.g. have taken up another sport or competing on a senior tour).
- Inductees can only be drawn from sports recognised by sportscotland
- Inductees can be competitors, coaches or managers, or individuals who have provided an outstanding contribution to Scottish sport on the world stage
Patrons of the Scottish Sports Hall of Fame and members of the selection panel can be nominated and considered for selection, but they must be absent from any discussions about their induction.
In all cases the final decision rests with the selection panel. The selection panel reserves the right to remove any inductees from the Hall of Fame if deemed necessary.